Download the Examinee Handbook!
The handbooks have the most up-to-date schedules, policies, and examination procedures. The handbook is updated for the current NPLEX administration.
You can apply online to take the February 2024 NPLEX November 1-30, 2023. NABNE recommends that you submit your application within the first two weeks of November. If you wait until November 30th to apply and need technical assistance in order to submit your application, NABNE staff may not be available to help you. It is your responsibility to follow the instructions required to complete your application.
Before you begin your application
- Review the current Examinee Handbook for either the Part I or Part II examination(s).
- Create an online Profile and password for the CURRENT exam administration. You must create a new online Profile and password every time you apply to take the NPLEX. DO NOT create more than one Profile, because this will cause problems when it’s time to access your Registration Status or download your Admission Ticket.
- Contact the regulatory authority in the jurisdiction in which you plan to practice to determine the Part II – Elective Examinations you are required to pass to be eligible for licensure/registration.
- Contact NABNE if you need to add an Elective Examination after you have submitted your application. DO NOT submit a second application. You will not be allowed to add examinations after the application deadline.
When you apply to take the examination(s)
- Complete the application using the appropriate link on the dashboard of your online Profile.
- Upload an image of the current government-issued photo ID you will use to gain admittance to the examination(s) (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued ID card, passport photo page, or passport card).
- Both the first and last names on the ID you upload must exactly match the first and last names you enter on the application form. You are not required to include your full middle name on the application.
- Upload an image of documentation that verifies an official name change made since the last time you applied to take the NPLEX (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.).
- Pay all fees in US dollars, using a debit or credit card. The NABNE payment system accepts Visa and MasterCard only. Payment must be made at the time of application.
- Review your entries for accuracy. You will not be able to edit, delete, or change the application after you click SUBMIT. Report corrections to your application by contacting NABNE.
After you submit your application:
- Check your email for your Confirmation Receipt. If you do not receive your Confirmation Receipt within the next several minutes, be sure to check your spam folder.
- Download the NPLEX Blueprint and Study Guide from the link provided in the confirmation email you receive after you submit your application online.
- Log into your online Profile after December 19, 2023 to check your Registration Status. NABNE will be working directly with the registrar from your ANMP regarding receipt of the letter of verification or pre-verification required to establish your eligibility to take the examination(s). When NABNE has received this letter and all materials required to complete your application, you will be approved to take the examination(s). If you are applying to take the Part II examinations and if:
- You will not have graduated by January 15, 2024, NABNE must receive written pre-verification from your ANMP that you are on track to complete all graduation requirements no later than March 31, 2024. Upon receipt of this letter of pre-verification, no later than January 15, 2024, you will be approved to take the Part II examinations in February 2024. If you do not complete requirements for graduation by March 31, 2024, your exam results will be nullified, and you will be subject to NABNE’s refund policy.
- NABNE has received written notification from your ANMP verifying that you will not be able to complete all graduation requirements by March 31, 2024, you will not be allowed to take the examination(s) during the current administration. NABNE will issue a refund to the debit or credit card you used with your application within thirty (30) days of receipt of this notification (see Refunds).
- Log into your online Profile after January 24, 2024 to print your Admission Ticket. You will be required to present a printed copy of your Admission Ticket to be admitted to the examination(s).
Notify NABNE of an Address or Name Change
It is your responsibility to ensure that NABNE has your current mailing address and valid information regarding your legal name. Without your current mailing address, NABNE cannot be responsible for ensuring that you recei your exam results in a timely manner. If the first and last names on your current government-issued photo ID do not exactly match the first and last names you have provided in your online application or Name Change Form, you may not be admitted to take the examination(s).
If you have had a change of address since the time you submitted an application, notify NABNE using the Address Change Form.
If you have had a legal name change since you last applied to take the NPLEX, notify NABNE using the Name Change Form. When you complete this form, you will be required to upload a copy of:
- Documentation verifying your official name change (marriage license, name change order, etc.)
- One piece of current government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, government-issued ID card, passport photo page, or passport card issued under your new name)
Cancelling Your Application
NABNE does not move examinations to the next administration or transfer fees to a later exam date.
Notify NABNE regarding your absence by completing the Cancellation Form. Your name will be removed from the roster and you will not be admitted to the examination(s). If you cancel your registration, but re-apply at a later date, you will be required to complete and submit a new application and fees.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you cancel an examination:
- BEFORE the application period ends, you will be refunded the fees you paid, minus a $75 Cancellation Fee.
- AFTER the application period ends and within 24 hours of the exam date, you will be refunded the following amount(s):
|Part I – Biomedical Science Exam Fee||US$225|
|Part II – Core Clinical Science Exam Fee||US$405|
|Part II – Clinical Elective Exam Fee||US$90|