Download the Examinee Handbook!
The handbooks have the most up-to-date schedules, policies, and examination procedures. The handbook is updated for the current NPLEX administration.
Before you begin your application
- Review the current Examinee Handbook for either the Part I or Part II examination(s).
- Create an online Profile and password for the CURRENT exam administration.
- You must create a new online Profile and password every time you apply to take the NPLEX.
- DO NOT create more than one Profile, because this will cause problems when it’s time to access your registration status or download your Admission Ticket.
When you apply to take the examination(s)
- Complete the application using the appropriate link on the dashboard of your online Profile.
- Upload an image of the current government-issued photo ID you will use to gain admittance to the examination(s) (e.g., driver’s license, government-issued ID card, passport photo page, or passport card).
- Both the first and last names on the ID you upload must exactly match the first and last names you enter on the application form. You are not required to include your full middle name on the application.
- Upload an image of documentation that verifies an official name change made since the last time you applied to take the NPLEX (e.g., marriage license, name change order, etc.).
- Pay all fees in U.S. dollars, using a debit or credit card. The NABNE payment system accepts Visa and MasterCard only. Payment must be made at the time of application.
- Review your entries for accuracy. You will not be able to edit, delete, or change the application after you click SUBMIT. Report corrections to your application by contacting NABNE.
After you submit your application:
- Check your email for your Confirmation Receipt. If you do not receive your Confirmation Receipt within the next several minutes, be sure to check your spam folder.
- Download the NPLEX Blueprint and Study Guide from the link provided in the confirmation email you receive after you submit your application online.
- Log into your online Profile after June 21, 2023 to check your registration status. NABNE will be working directly with the registrar from your ANMP regarding receipt of the letter of verification required to establish your eligibility to take the examination(s). When NABNE has received this letter and all materials required to complete your application, you will be approved to take the examination(s).
- Log into your online Profile after July 24, 2023 to print your Admission Ticket. To be admitted to the examination, you will be required to present a printed copy of your Admission Ticket.
Cancelling Your Application
NABNE does not move examinations to the next administration or transfer fees to a later exam date. Notify NABNE regarding your absence by completing the Cancellation Form. Your name will be removed from the roster and you will not be admitted to the examination(s). If you cancel your registration, but re-apply at a later date, you will be required to complete and submit a new application and fees.
Cancellations and Refunds
If you cancel an examination:
- BEFORE the application period ends, you will be refunded the fees you paid, minus a $75 Cancellation Fee.
- AFTER the application period ends and within 24 hours of the exam date, you will be refunded the following amount(s):
|Part I – Biomedical Science Exam Fee||US$225|
|Part II – Core Clinical Science Exam Fee||US$415|
|Part II – Clinical Elective Exam Fee||US$95|
Notify NABNE of an Address or Name Change
If you have had a change of address since the time you submitted an application, notify NABNE using the Address Change Form. Without your current mailing address, NABNE cannot be responsible for ensuring that you receive your exam results in a timely manner.
If you have had a legal name change since you last applied to take the NPLEX, notify NABNE using the Name Change Form. When you complete this form, you will be required to upload a copy of:
- Documentation verifying your official name change (marriage license, name change order, etc.)
- One piece of current government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, government-issued ID card, passport photo page, or passport card issued under your new name)
Click to here learn how and when to apply for Testing Accommodations, what you need to provide, and how to submit your request.